In this project, you will create a publicity poster for your book which similar to those that you see in a movie theatre or video store for movies; however, you poster will have more textual information and will be promoting your novel. This poster will describe the setting, plot, characters, and theme(s) of the book.
1. When you are reading the novel, take notes on the setting (time, place, and mood), plot (events), characters, and theme(s) of the book.
2. Note the title and author of the novel in large and bold font on your publicity poster. Also include your name, date, and division.
3. In separate subsections, describe the setting, plot, and characters in catchy, attractive phrases; include a minimum of 5 setting phrases, 15 plot phrases, and 7 character phrases. Use a variety of sentence openers and "dress-ups" to improve the quality of your description.
4. Create at least one slogan that represents a theme of your novel and note it on your publicity poster. E.g. Follow your Dreams!
5. Include many images in your publicity poster to better describe the setting, plot, characters, and theme(s) of the novel.
Adapted by Ms. T. Jerome (Cape Lazo Middle) from Projects Created by Mr. Avi Luxenburg (Courtenay Middle) and Ms. Mary Whyte (Aspen Middle)