A WebQuest for Grade 6 students.
- the route of travel drawn on it
- cities that travellers will visit labelled
- Major cities marked and labelled
- population settlement plan
- the main regions of Japan
- mark any main population centres
- main geographical features labelled (ex. mountains, ocean, large lakes)
- a Legend showing what symbols you have used on you map and what they mean
- Capital city of Japan
- The population
- Languages spoken
- The weather
- Best time of the year to visit Japan
- What type of money is used there and how much it is worth
- Japan's main imports and exports
- What type of government in there in Japan and who is presently leading?
- Any symbols of Japan
- Name some of Japan's main holidays and celebrations
It is expected that students will:
· Demonstrate competence in using basic information technology tools.
· Perform file management tasks (quit, save, print, close).
· Perform mouse operations (point, click, drag, double click).
· Write a simple caption or story to accompany a picture.
· Transcribe text from a prewritten document.
· Change font, size, style and colour of text appropriate to presentation.
· Copy and paste images into document (clip art, scanned images, digital camera images, original images).
· Save, name and retrieve files.
· Insert the cursor to add or delete text.
· Use spell checker and understand its limitations.
· Change the margin settings.
· Create a document using columns (brochure, newspaper).
· Use tabs.
· Create a document integrating text, charts and images (clip art, scanned images, digital camera images, original images).
· Position and resize (text and images) to achieve an affective presentation