- Comox Valley 1000x5 - "A book is a gift you can open again and again." ~ Garrison Keillor. All children deserve a chance to be read to.1000x5 aims to help with that - by the community, for the community. Through this initiative, gently-used children’s picture books are collected from our community, and, working with partnering organizations, delivered to families who need them.If you would like to volunteer, or donate books, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV Toy Library - The CVTLS is a non-profit society offering an affordable and environmentally conscious alternative by lending toys to families and caregivers of young children.
- Island Parent - Island Parent is a magazine is a "Resource Publication for Vancouver Island Parents"
- Today's Parent
- Triple P - Positive Parenting Program
- ValleyChild - This site is your guide to events and services for kids under 6 in the Comox Valley and their families.
- Vancouver Island Regional Library - The library has a lot of interesting and informative books on parenting and child development.
Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- Action Schools! BC - providing more opportunities for more children to make healthy choices more often!
- BC Healthy Living Alliance - BC Healthy Living Alliance is a provincial coalition of organizations working together to improve the health of British Columbians by promoting physical activity, healthy eating and living smoke-free. The website contains information, reports and links to other health related organizations.
- Bake Better Bites - A great resource of recipes that have been modified for reducing sugar and fat while increasing fibre.
- Canada's Food Guide
- Caring for Kids - This site provides information on a variety of child health topics including healthy eating, safety and behaviour and development.
- Dental Care
- Dial-a-Dietitian - Dial-a-dietitian is a free nutrition information telephone service (1-800-667-3438) for all BC residents and is funded by the BC Ministry of Health. Dietitians provide nutrition consultation and referral. Dial-a-dietitian has translation services in over 130 languages. An allergy dietitian is available from Wednesday to Friday.